9.15.2003

Just sitting here at Asylus'. He's off with my money feeding his sick sick addiction (did I mention he was imbalanced?) and Pickle is playing video games so is basically a useless lump in terms of entertainment value for me.

Honestly I believe that video games are better than TV but I really can't stand what they do to people. If you're playing in groups then it's ok, but when singular males are playing it gets a little scary. Oh and if you're wondering why I think VG is better then TV it's because the main effects TV has are to shorten your attention span, push useless products and capitalist ideology on you, and encourage passivity. You must have a pretty good attention span if you're going to play 3 hours of games, they don't have commercials (though one could argue this), and you are actively involved in what's going on. That said, I still think they're scary. But I'm a technophobe.

Went to see the De la Hoya vs Mosley fight on Saturday. It was spectacular, even though I totally disagreed with the judges decision to let Mosley have the belt. De la Hoya fought the better and smarter fight, and well ...when two minorities are duking it out, I gots to go with my peeps (please picture me thumping my chest with pride and extending my hand)

As well, Pickle and I watched Pi. I asked him beforehand if it was a scary movie and he LIED TO ME! He said it wasn't but I thought it was one of the most frightening thing I'd ever seen. I had to watch an episode of Family Guy so I could fall asleep afterwards. I thought it was fabulous.Rvight now I've been studying structuralism which doesn't think science or math can really interpret/question reality. Its philosophy states that Literature is the only thing can really question reality as it uses language to do so and language structures everything. So, as far as I (Pickle) can tell, literature can question reality because it uses language (which is the same material reality is made up of) for both the question and the answer. Whereas science uses language for the question but not the answer - it sees language only as a tool for expressing the answer.

Ack Asylus is back! I think he never left and was just watching to see if he can capture the process of how I create such amazing blogs. He's sucking out my creative juices (and not in that good way). Slow death ...but not to worry I will revive again tomorrow and conquer this villain.

As for now, I must let him think he's won. I'm so sneaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home