9.01.2003

believe what you feel you have to
see what you feel you need to
acknowledge only truths you want to
and you will better sleep at night

-scotty/asylus

The rest of this poem by my new friend can be found at his blog site which is now linked. Having at one time been forced to acknowledge truths and having slept very poorly, I find his words very accurate.

Anyhoo...

As you will read on Asylus' blog (he's very clear about only using people's nicknames on blogs so henceforth Scotty does not exist, there is only Asylus) we had a lovely day together yesterday. He introduced me to two fabulous people who I got along with straight away. You know how sometimes with new groups there can be some awkward "who the fuck are you?" stuff? Well there was none of that here. I found them to be true kindred spirits (yes I did recently complete my Anne of Green Gables collection). So kindred, in fact, that their blogs are now also linked. But I'm warning you, these people are blog pro's and the beauty of their sites may give you slight inferiority complexes. However, there's no need to worry as if you cannot handle the inferiority you can always hire them to create your website and make it all pretty and stuff. They're nice that way.

Plus it was nice to meet a cool girl. I'm very picky about girls (obviously not so about guys, I mean look who I hang out with.) and Miranda seems like someone I'd want to get to know.

Geez, how can you tell I'm hunting for friends? Could the level of my ass kissing possibly rise any higher? But all I've said is true so I'm not going to take it back.

Last night I played video games for the first time in a long while. I was totally disappointed in myself. I used to be good at these things. There's this big long story about how when I first started going out with Craig I felt out of place because he and all his d&d buddies were so good at nintendo. I'd never had a nintendo or a computer at home at that point. Not one easily discouraged, I spent hours trying to develope my motor skills to a point where I could win a few games against the boys. But since the geek era, I slacked off and now am back to the starting line. (In case you were wondering this is not the truth I was forced to face last night. If you're wondering what that truth was you're just going to have wonder a little longer as I'm not ready to announce it to the world wide web yet)

I've been reading The Pigman again. I forgot how good this book is. I think it would still resonate with teenagers today, despite the different pop culture references and lingo. Zindel just manages to really put some tension into the writing. And his writing clearly indicates that he thinks teenagers are intelligent, something that not many young adult writers really believe which makes them so damn patronizing.

Oh and a bit of special interest news. My friend's sister's uncle's girlfriend (actually it was just one of adam's exes) said that private citizens of Canada are entitled to perform three weddings a year. So if you don't like the idea of being married by some strange justice of the peace dude, you can just have your best friend fill out some forms and send them in, and then he/she can perform the ceremony. Not that I'm the marrying kind, but if it had to be done I think I'd be a lot more comfortable sharing my deepest vows with a good friend than with some guy in a robe I'd met the day before. Much more personal that way. Anyway, I hope this helps the blogger for whom this tidbit was intended, as well as giving all you others some extra useless trivia.

I'll sign off now and do my globe and mail edition tomorrow. Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home