8.01.2004

Let's see, what have I done this weekend? Well, I went to Vixen's bday party which enabled me to do many things:
- I got to actually see Vixen in the flesh for the first time in a while. Vixen's flesh is never disappointing.
- I got to meet many people such as Maneater, the new Mrs. Asylus, and finally I got to see Vixen's boy - or at least the cutest part of him :)
- I got to show off my new hookerific shoes.
- I got to generally see people I hadn't seen in ages and catch up a bit.
- Have free shots of the new Malibu pineapple and mango flavours.

Yesterday I went on a long, pointless walk to meet up with people who never showed (though the walk was nice) and then met up with David to eat some pub food, be amused by his comic antics, and see The Village. I wouldn't really recommend it, even if you're just looking for the thrill of fear. I only had to bury my head in his shoulder twice and had no problems sleeping - this from a girl who is capable of running screaming from a drive-in during the scary music in the opening credits of E.T. It's not bad, the acting is quite good, but the allegory in the story is a little too patronizingly obvious.

Another thing I wouldn't recommend is the new Oral B finger brushes. I saw about a jillion ads for this stupid "Rip, Slip, Brush AHHH" crap while I was in Ktown (I don't own a tv so I've thankfully been spared this trauma here, as well as the trauma of the new PeptoBismal commercial where people are dancing about diarrhea). Last night, two young girls were handing out free samples of the new finger brush. I opened the French-condom-like package and slipped the thing on my finger - it wasn't bad, but you look pretty ridiculous. It's just as conspicuous as sticking your finger in your mouth to pluck food out of your teeth, so why not save yourself the money and do just that? But I did get to laugh my ass off watching David, the PhD student, struggle in vain to try and get his brush package open. He just couldn't do it, so I ended up doing it for him. How awkward! I knew there was a reason I wasn't sleeping with the guy :)

Oh and as a last thought, a very Happy Birthday to Sweetmeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home