7.25.2004

Well I'm back from glorious Ktown, where as usual, I had high hopes of doing things and ended up doing nothing. This is not a bad thing.

I got a severe sinus infection while there and was not allowed to fly until now, which explains the many days sans blogging.

I'm back to mountains of work, but I feel rested so maybe I can handle all that is being thrown my way these days.

I hated to bring Kate back with me - she was so happy in Ktown, running up and down the stairs like a kitten, it's sad to bring her back to the tiny room I call home. I actually somewhat hated to bring myself back as Ktown is a stasis town for me. It's like while I'm there, I suddenly become 18 again and forget about my real life responsibilities. Now, while I realize that eventually one has to move out of stasis, it was a nice thing to completely put away adult life for a couple of weeks. I'd shoot myself in the head if I had to stay there too long, but perhaps just one more week wouldn't have hurt...

I got into town with lightning all around me, which was cool until they wouldn't let us out of the plane once we landed because of so-called "security" reasons. 40 minutes of sitting in an extremely hot airplane with a baby puking cookies on me. My sympathy for the kid wore down after about 20 minutes.

Well, off to bed. Let us all hope that I didn't end up breaking an eardrum on my way here, shall we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home