6.21.2004

This weekend was an interesting one. Pickle left on Saturday, which I think I handled okay. I will miss telling him the little stories of my day. And the sex. I know he's going to rock New York's world.

I then went to the radio orientation thing. Some of the people there who wanted to volunteer and get their own shows made me rethink my ideals that everyone has their own je ne sais quoi. One gal there looked as though she'd never had a coherent thought in her life. She just kept asking when the party was starting - I suppose independent radio gets its share of odd folk. It was just a tad annoying as the meeting dragged on a little longer than planned in order to repeatedly tell her that no one at the meeting could answer her question.

I then somehow managed to triple book myself for Saturday evening - I'm really not that popular. There was another naked hot tub party, which I declined as I really wasn't in the mood with Pickle just having left and all. As well, there was a belly dancing gala, but I opted out of that too because I just didn't want to go by myself. So I chose to go to my friend's wife's gallery opening. It's called the Banyan Tree and deals specifically in high end East Indian art, jewelry, and textiles. They've done a beautiful job with it, though I couldn't afford to even look at the paintings. They have installed a suspended couch with plush pillows which we all had a go on - very meditative, especially when one has consumed the proper amount of wine.

Sunday was a "me" day. I can honestly say it was the first time that I have truly sat down and refused to do any work in Edmonton. I was going to get out a bunch of sappy tear jerkers from the video store but realized that I am too cheap to spend money on crappy movies. The closest I came was renting a Sex in the City dvd. I watched LOTR 1 and 2 for the billionth time, The Triplets of Belleville (cried even harder than the first time), and the Matrix.

As much as I will miss Pickle, it's nice to have the place to myself for awhile - I'm sure in a few days I'll be miserable, but for now I'm content to do the dishes when I want to and have the space to breath. That's not to say I haven't been misty eyed - I was quite ashamed to have to dab at my eyes when I noticed that the dude giving the radio orientation was wearing the same kind of shoes as Pickle does.
Yeesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home