7.03.2004

Most of the time, I enjoy being a hippie with no car, but when one is in Edmonton where the spring transit is miserable and the rain is pouring down its wrath and one needs to go grocery shopping, a big ol' gas guzzler seems like heaven.

Last night was uplifting followed by embarrassing. Asylus plucked me a flower and took me out to dinner after which we watched the brain-deadening Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and talked about how girls should react when giving him oral pleasure (this was not the embarrassing part). I then realized that I had sandals and that it was pissing rain outside so what did I do? I took a cab. I took a four block cab ride. I think I've been watching too much Sex and the City. In fact, I know I have.

I also went shopping yesterday. Do I have money? No. However, when one (I'm into the "one" today) has just ended a relationship with the love of one's life, and said one is female, one must take part in some prettyfying consumerism. I searched out the great deals and came home with some nice things, which I actually needed. I came to the realization that I had not one tank top which didn't have dirty expressions on it, and I have a job now so it seemed logical to try a plain tank for University Senate meetings - yes folks, I am a senator and even have a senator's parking pass though I don't have a senator's car. I also bought a skirt. It's pretty.

Apparently, the rain brings out my capitalist side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home