4.06.2004

"This time, the group warned it would turn Spain “into an inferno” unless the country withdrew its support for the United States and pulled Spanish troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, ABC said.

“If these demands are not met, we will declare war on you and ... convert your country into an inferno and your blood will flow like rivers,” the letter said.

It gave Sunday, April 4, as the deadline for compliance."
-Globe and Mail

To go to Spain or not to go to Spain, that is the question. I cannot find any info declaring whether or not Spain has pulled out of Iraq - Marie if you could give me some info I would greatly appreciate it. I notice you have not responded to my emails - are you still in Spain?
If they haven't pulled out, I think I'm going to be very glad I got cancellation insurance on these tickets as Sevilla is having its Feria (big fair) in April, and I bet it would be the perfect party type situation to bomb.

But I'm trying to hold out hope - maybe they were smart and pulled out. Glad that the newspaper just gives you the fear factor and then doesn't tell you if it's been resolved or not. Stupid media. The new prime minister promised they would pull out, but yet there were bombings and shoot outs in Madrid this Sunday so I don't know if this is too little too late. And I don't want to overreact due to media, but Spain does not seem like the safest place. In fact, maybe I'll just head to France or stay in good ol' Canada this summer - smart people live in these countries.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home