3.19.2004

Picture this.
I'm up until 5:30am yesterday feeling sick to my stomach (a feeling that continues to this moment) and then I get up at 8:00am and go to take a shower. As I am a girl very much used to 8 hours sleep (no coffee remember) I really am not doing too well on 2 1/2 hours. I'm in the shower and the shampooing occurs successfully. Then I put conditioner on and the water becomes suddenly frigid as ice - no warning. I can hear the swearing of the tenant showering beneath me in his apartment so I know the hot water has again disappeared in this goddamn building. Needless to say, I don't do a good job rinsing the conditioner out and decide it is a hat wearing day. The rest of the day was filled with me having to do very social committees and shit (had to do a Career Fair booth at a High School Career Day in the morning- which was a lot of fun actually) with a greasy head and a churning stomach. I didn't get home until 10:00pm.

In my exhaustion, I made the mistake of telling a friend of mine I thought he was attractive. He's a nice guy and is going through some domestic problems with his girl and they will probably be ending it and he isn't as young as he used to be etc etc. He is extremely insecure as is, so I thought I'd mention I thought he was cute (which he is) as I feel it's never a bad thing to let a friend know you find them attractive. In an alert state, I would have known better with this particular bloke. He had no idea how to react and I think perhaps thought I was trying to get in his pants rather than give him a compliment. Trust me though, in no way did I make it seem like a come on - we were with a bunch of the guys, I was saying it to all of them - "don't you think D is cute?" etc.

And yet, much blushing ensued on his part, and not because he wants to get in my pants, but because ...well because I made him feel uncomfortable. Some people really can't take a compliment and I should have known this would make him feel weird. Oops. Once I stop feeling like my stomach is going to lurch from throat, I'll have to do something to resolve this situation, but right now I'd probably just get careless and say something even more stupid. Any advice for me Grasshopper, as you and I have been in a somewhat similar situation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home