3.31.2004

Okay, I'd like to comment on the ridiculous weather. Yesterday it got up to 20C here in Edmonton and, while I didn't expect that to last for long, during the night winds gusted up and it is now -6C (not so cold, but quite a switch from 20C) and snowing like mad. A few flurries my ass. It does look quite lovely though, the flakes are all big and fluffy.
I'm a gal who likes change, but doesn't like the in betweens - this snow just means that by the end of today a melt will have occured and the streets will yet again be mucky with snow/pollution goo. Mmm...goo...

Well, a confession must be made, I have a sewing machine. I saw one on sale and bought it because I knew that if I had to go over to Kanga's house every time I wanted to sew I would never get anything done - I'm just too lazy to leave the house sometimes. Weird but true. Anyways, amazingly the pants are done for my belly dancing outfit and everyone was very happy with them at rehearsal last night. Now I just have to somehow write 100 pages and make a slinky top in the next two weeks - no problem. I'm just going out to buy a bra and I'll sew the fabric over it - that sounds my easier than creating the shirt from nothing which is what I did for the pants and let me tell you, I developed a few facial ticks making those fuckers. But I watched LOTR 2 a million times in the process of making them, which was lovely. I still gotten over that phase that most 2 year olds grow out of where I like to watch things over and over and over and over again. Seen the first one probably around 20 times and the second one around 7 now. Yeah, I'm a loser.

Okay, I'm just blathering on for no reason now - well actually for the very good reason of not wanting to settle down to my papers.

Oh and by the way, during the course of writing this the snow has actually become just a few flurries. Yeesh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home