12.13.2003

Well, I've just come from looking at myself on Kanga's blog for the umpteenth time. God I'm vain.

However, I'm also cheap and refuse to by the $18 video recording of that night, so these pics are all I have.

One paper down (the toilet) and 2 more to go. One is already basically done, it just needs some fine tuning. The other is going to be an excercise in speed writing. But thankfully, I know Dr. Margolin will make sure I end up with a B in his class because he doesn't want to lose another comp.lit student. Notice how I don't give a shit how I get my grades, just as long as I get them? But honestly folks you all know I've worked hard and I have over 90 in all my classes without the papers. I'm just not so good at the papers yet. But I will be.

Part of me was kind of upset that I hadn't started my papers at the beginning of term, like I'm going to do next term. But then, I realised that I didn't even know what the fuck the professors were talking about at the beginning of this term. I would have had no idea where to begin.

Last night was quite cute. I had some of my old students over for dinner. Pickle made such a fantastic salmon feast that their eyes nearly popped out when I brought in the dishes. It was a lovely night and it also gave me the excuse to spend the day cleaning (after spending 5 agonizing hours trying to bring my critical theory paper up over a 70 before handing it in at 2:00pm). The place was a sty - books everywhere, bathroom hadn't been cleaned for weeks, the dust bunnies were becoming feral. It's now possible to walk without fear of tripping over something.

I went Christmas shopping for myself last week. I know this sounds weird, but usually I go with my mom, try on clothes, tell her what I like and then leave the store while she's paying so she can quickly sneak in a cute pair of socks or something so I get at least a bit of a surprise at Christmas. But she's not going to be around, so my dad gave me a bit of cash and I bought the stuff myself. Some cute new t-shirts, some cute stuff from the 2nd hand place, and the skirt I'd been eyeing at the Avenue Clothing place was on sale, so even though it was a little pricey ($60) I bought it! It's so cool. The disturbing thing is...Highness are you ready for this?

I bought pink.

Yes folks, I know have a skirt with pinkish highlights in it and a light pink t-shirt that says "I spank hard." Sigh. What's happening to me? This is about as disturbing as Highness discovering she wants to have kids. Am I going soft? Can people who wear pink still talk about poo?

I'll leave you to ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home