11.22.2003

Highness is nubile

Just thought I'd state the obvious. That girl has one of the finest bums this girl has ever seen.

Anyhoo, am writing way too much these days. God I hate quoting shit from French sources where you have to get all the little accents in. Wish I had a French programme on my laptop so I could just type naturally. Actually I hate documentation of secondary sources in all its forms. It takes me a whole day to add it to a paper. Especially a paper with over 40 secondary sources. Ach du lieber.

My Korean student Seung Roh told me the magnificent story of the first Korean:

There was once a bear and a tiger who wanted to become human. Bear asked god (not clear which one as S.Korea is predominantly Christian now) what she had to do to become human and god told her to stay in a cave for 100 days eating only garlic and green onions. Tiger asked god the same question and god gave him the same answer. Bear did as she was told and god made her human. Tiger had cheated and gone out of the cave before the 100 days were up so of course god left him as a tiger. However, god realised that there was a problem because now there was no male for the Bear (who was now human to mate) with. So god made his son human and gave him to Bear. The first child that was born of their union was the first Korean.

Man, why don't we have stories like that? I mean really, it seems that Christianity is our only myth/creation story. So I'm putting out a call - who feels creative this week? I want to a story telling me how the first Canadian was born. Either put it in the comments or email me at translationgirl@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home