11.12.2003

Was laughing my ass off this morning reading Matej's blog about how delivery companies are sometimes not so good (he phrased it a touch more strongly than that :) and I couldn't help remembering my Loomis fiasco this summer. I feel for you man, I feel for you.

Still in a bit of a mood but I'm getting over it. I just came from reading Shifting Gears on Grasshopper's blog, which I totally identified with. As usual, Grasshopper always gives me something that fits in perfectly with my state of mind. The link is there for those in the mood. I'm sure his other stuff is also very interesting, but I'm too busy reading one-sided marxist texts and definitions of fantasy from the English who believe they created the damn genre when it was actually the French (not that I want to give the French bigger heads then they've already got)

This whole grasshopper thing is getting out of hand though. I realised that I started calling Reilly grasshopper, but I've already got a grasshopper so I'm going to have think something up for Reilly before things get too confusing. It's already bad enough that everyone but me calls Kanga "blackdaisies". But you see, the original grasshopper came from a series of dreams I was having about him (one of which included him being the judge of an impromptu head-giving contest amongst girls - which of course I won) and in this dream everyone was just calling him grasshopper for no particular reason and when I woke up I found I couldn't think of him any other way.

Today is going to be a day of letting go and learning lessons. Sadly, it means deciding to limit my friends (not anyone here of course!) and being less optimistic about the state of human beings (some might say I'm naive), but really if I open up to too many people who attempt to fuck me over, I'm going to end up not being open at all, so it's best that I remain my uber friendly self, but just keep my damn yap shut around certain people. So I'm going to let go of the mistakes I've already made, and cherish the people who are cherishing me. I can change the world, but I have to realise that it takes a damn long time to do that.

must be patient so my insidious plan to make everyone love eachother does not go wonky. should speak to Duke, he's the insidious plan man...

In the meantime, I have my little country that, although broke, is making me feel like I have a whole little world that I'm changing. It's a little psychotic, but it makes me happy. My people love me and are fiercely patriotic - it's all good.
Wishing you all good mental health

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home