10.22.2003

Hi all
Tired is a girl named Roo. Yesterday I ventured back into the doctor's office to re-start the old heart examinations. I'm very wary of modern medecine, having been raised my whole life on homeopathic stuff. However, they don't allow homeopaths to crack your ribcage open and tinker with your ticker so ...

This guy seems pretty good. The fact that he's kinda cute might have something to do with the overall good impression I got of him. But he also appeared to be listening to me, something most doctors haven't really done. We'll see how long that lasts. They all tend to get a little frustrated when they realise I've got something majorly wrong with my heart, but they don't know what it is. Anyhoo, I went for my millionth ecg and bloodtests and next week comes the echocardiogram. They want to start all the tests all over again. Yeesh - well I guess I understand as the most recent ones have the results in Czech. Still, I hate booking time out of my day for this stuff.

The heart has been doing okay, but I'm still not normal (insert joke about my small stature and mental instability here). I just want the fear to go away, so I think they're going to do the surgery sometime after all the results get in. It's actually not surgery, they call it a procedure cuz they don't have to cut me open, just send lazers down my throat.

I'm not trying to diss modern medecine, but honestly every time I've gone to them it's only made things worse. The homeopaths have always identified the problem and fixed it. I can't say the same for the doctors. Though I know that they can be amazing for some people, they just haven't been there for me.

Listen to me, it's like I'm talking about my parents or something. I'm going to take a nap and go to bellydancing and wake up tomorrow feeling renewed and refreshed. I have much to feel thankful for. Pickle and I have oddly had 2 very nice nights recently even though we both feel like crap these days. We had a very cozy snuggle while watching "Wonderland" (good British movie) and then last night we watched the Northern Lights from our balcony. Neither of us had ever seen the dragons in the sky before. I had sladky sny after that.

Sladky sny to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home