10.19.2003

Okay, though I'm having trouble taking a quiz called "belief -o-matic" seriously, I gave it a shot. It's a quiz I got from Miranda's blog that tells you which faith best suits your needs. I'm not really sure that religion in general is for me as I don't really like how most of them have hierarchies about who is closer to the god-like being but hey, I'll try anything once. I was raised in a totally multi-faithed home as my mom changes religion about every 6 months. We were even into Wicca for awhile. And Hindu meditation. Jehovah's Witnesses. We've been Jews (yup), Catholics, Scientologists, Christian Sciencists, New Ageists - basically she's tried everything except buddhism, zen, and islam. Now she's into Reiki (not a religion) and the practice of religious quantum physics. She's gonna get to the bottom of the how the universe works, I truly believe if anyone can do it, it's my mom. It was a pretty cool childhood I gotta say.
The Unitarian Universalism is pretty cool. Must say I dug the website, perhaps will look into the UU a little more.

I can't believe I'm a frikkin' quaker!

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (99%)
3. Neo-Pagan (91%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (91%)
5. New Age (85%)
6. New Thought (78%)
7. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (78%)
8. Mahayana Buddhism (75%)
9. Secular Humanism (70%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (70%)
11. Scientology (66%)
12. Bahá'í Faith (64%)
13. Taoism (63%)
14. Orthodox Quaker (56%)
15. Hinduism (54%)
16. Reform Judaism (54%)
17. Jehovah's Witness (53%)
18. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (51%)
19. Jainism (41%)
20. Nontheist (40%)
21. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (37%)
22. Sikhism (36%)
23. Orthodox Judaism (32%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (31%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (19%)
26. Roman Catholic (19%)
27. Islam (16%)
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home