10.24.2003

ah my lovely friends, thank you all for the big booster shot of love you all sent out with regards to the last blog. it is much appreciated. i got marie praying for god's sake! never knew I had such missionary powers.

From the comments it looks like I'm supposed to go north with Kanga or south with Duke. Must say I've got a preference for goin' south heh heh, but I'm game for both.

I've just happily napped with my kitty so I'm feeling quite nice today. As I suspected a good dose of delly bancing and I was good as new. To quote the master of all things homey, "it's a good thing"

The university stuff is going well. Got a 94 last week on my oral presentation which is quite encouraging. Have been kinda feeling like I'm not edumacated enough to hang with these uni cats, but I've been realising that just because some of them have read big book doesn't mean they've understood them. Not that I would understand them either, but at least I'm not pretending I do or telling other people they should feel ashamed because they didn't do so well in high school (grr, some people are just dumb, but don't worry pals, I kicked said person's ass and she'll not be mentioning it again any time soon)

On to nicer people, I've been amazed recently at the generosity of the human spirit. I was nice to some people at uni (as is typical of me) and helped them out and they have been super great to me in return. There is so much cynicism out there, and I just always find it lovely to discover that circles of generosity still happen. That there are those who spend some of their day thinking of others (even very insignificant others) and putting a little effort into helping others out. Some might not think it's amazing, but I do. It makes me appreciate the light still shining in the human race.

I thought I'd add all this lovely stuff because I'm going to now provide a horrible link. I'm providing it because the mother of a girl named Princess wanted people to be informed of what's going on in Africa right now and I feel I should do my part. It's an article from the globe and mail about infant rape. It's really horrific, so don't read it if you don't think you want to deal with this. There is a light at the end of every tunnel but sometimes people standing in the light don't even see the tunnels and forget to hold a lantern fot those who are lost so I feel it's important to know about these things.
It's http://www.globeandmail.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20031018/COVER18//

Okay, off to do some reading before the sexy Kanga comes over and we head out for drinkiepoos. Ooh, Roxanne just came on. God I love this song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home