1.16.2007



Okay, I know I know I'm very late with my Sunday Scribblings thing.

This week's prompt is "idea" so I thought I would finally put up the pics from an idea of mine. I had the idea to go to New York which led me to take Ariellah's Darker Side of Fusion workshop, which led to me loving gothic belly dance, which led to me doing her choreo and getting Jodi to come up with an additional one to perform at this year's Isis show. It was pretty damn different from anything anyone had ever seen at an Isis show, so I was happy. This idea then led to my having the idea to invite Ariellah up to do a workshop, which I am organizing in my usual gong show way, but I think it'll be awesome! We're getting a couple of goth-gear vendors in, and some of the music she uses. She usually teaches for people already slightly skilled in bellydance (1 or 2 terms of classes taken), just to warn the total novices who might want to join. The info is up at our still half-assed but hopefully soon whole-assed website. Kanga is coming to take pics of us for the website on Sunday so WOO HOO! (told you I'd get my way on you being our photographer didn't I?)

Anyway, here are the pics from my first duet and my first goth performance. They're not the most stellar pics, but poor Stacey who was taking the pics was apparently crying her eyes out in joy for me. Which is only fair as I bawled my eyes out during her first solo. I was going for evil Raggedy Anne, I think I succeeded.



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raggedy Ann never looked so naughty... or yummy.

good for you! you look so happy!

12:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making it near impossible to be productive
for a while.
My fucking god you look great.

Now, will you finally stop with the "i don't photograph well" crap?

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Becca said...

HOT!

8:46 a.m.  
Blogger tania said...

usually i get a little uncomfortable with these dance posts turning into compliment fishing from me, but not this time.
i was more excited to do this than i have been to do any other dance performance. one of the happiest days of my life.

thanks for all the kudos, i don't yet deserve them, but i'm starting to.

9:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you gotta do, is keep doin' what you're doin', cause you got it goin' on there. - Dr. Phil

12:01 p.m.  
Blogger daisies said...

so gorgeous!!

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Inconsequential said...

Thanks for the suggested reading :)

I'll look him up.

Nice pics, interesting post, hope it all works out for you :)

3:07 p.m.  
Blogger tania said...

oh kirtles, you know i was totally kidding about the Dr. Phil thing.

good lord! i would never try to get into Dr. Phil's pants anywhere near as hard as i've tried to get into yours!

umm...val doesn't read these comments does she?

11:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you were just kidding. I was just having fun acting wounded. To be fair, there is a superficial (I am stressing this word) resemblance between myself and the Texas Windbag, but it is not something one likes to hear.

I don't think Val will be reading this. She hardly reads MY blog. But if she is (Hi Val!), even though she claims to consider my pants valuable real estate, I'm sure that she can spot hyperbole and a pretty lie.

10:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home