11.03.2004

The state of North America is looking dire. I realize everyone is sick and fucking tired of hearing about the elections, and that it hasn't technically been decided yet, but I just can't help it. The most dangerous moron walking the earth has now been elected by popular vote (it seems all those extra voters that came out were not youth voting for Kerry, as was thought, but hard-core Christians voting against gay marriage) and now has carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he wants for the next four years cuz he doesn't have to worry about being liked or being re-elected.

And Canada's oh-so-intelligent PM (who I really am not so fond of, he's questioning the 3 things this country does that I am most proud of: opposing Bush, legalizing weed, and legalizing gay marriage) wants to cozy up to Bush for economic reasons. I know it's deadly for Canadian economy to not be friends with the US, but doing something you know is wrong for money is...well wrong. But I guess that what comes from electing a finance minister as PM. May I say though that Chretien improved Canada's economy dramatically and was still in the firm "Bush is a Moron" camp. It's not that simply, I know, but it's just a thought.

And can I say, I dislike extremists of any kind whether on the left or right of the political/religious spectrum, but I'm getting a little bored with the fact that it's always the ones on the right who win in our part of the world. Can't we mix it up a little?

1 Comments:

Blogger Migrant Programmer said...

At least we live in the sane half of North America. The other half is a little scary.

6:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home