2.26.2004

Yesterday was a lovely day. I didn't get enough work done, but that's probably why it was such a lovely day.

After a strange night where Pickle rented Josie and the Pussycats, which is apparently his favourite movie, I woke up yesterday with the skate punk songs stuck in my head. As well as the hilarious boy band single from the movie "I'm your backdoor lover." Yes folks, it means what you think it means.

I had a great day where even when things went wrong, people were so nice about it that it didn't seem as if they went wrong at all. Though perhaps this is just the rose coloured impression I have of the world when I'm medicated up the ass for my cold. A lovely boy that I met recently sent me some fabulous info about a children's literature conference for graduate students that's being held in Manitoba next year (slightly more affordable than the one in Edinborough) and that's looking for papers on how children's sexuality and gender in presented in the lit, which is one of my big interests! Needless to say I'm giddy.

I then spent the day attending symposiums and having discussions with people I enjoy. And though I had ridiculous amounts of work to do, I then came home to the lovely dinner Pickle had prepared for me and we sat down to watch Hero which is one of the most beautifully filmed movies I've ever seen. I think the translation was a bit crap though.

All in all, though I'm now in a panic about getting work done, I think a day spent reacquainting yourself with the beauty in the world is always well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home