1.03.2004

Well hello again! I'm back in Edmonton, fresh from a walk to the Save-On Foods in -38 degree weather. Invigorating stuff.

Hope the holidays treated everyone as well as they treated me!

Christmas was way too relaxing, I'm finding it difficult to start preparing for this term. It was a snuggly vacation, spent much time snuggling with dad, snuggling with girls, trying to snuggle more with Big Red but as he belongs to another I refrained myself. Hard to do with such a snuggle bunny. I did nothing. Literally, I sat on my ass. My ass is a little larger, but much happier for it.

The whole thing started off with the massive 12 hour LOTR movie bonanza with Pickle and his mom in Vancouver. I loved it! And, having never seen LOTR 2: the special edition, I must say I was very glad that all that problems I had with the original release were resolved with the added scenes in the special edition. And the crowd was so enthusiastic about everything that I even got into the liv tyler scenes. LOTR 3 was great - my hats off to everyone in the films. It was an emotional rollercoaster that lasted all day. I was fully exhausted and satisfied.

Then I was off to Ktown to do the sitting. Dad made me wonderful dinners, I watched reruns of Taxi, I did the Buffy marathon on Space (except for the movie because I didn't like it), I watched PMK (popular mechanics for kids - it's great stuff). I hung out with Kim and Big Red (they do such a good job of baby sitting me when I'm there), hung out with the girls...it was just really cozy and warm there this year. New Year's was great, except that it ended with me stoned while Corr told ghost stories and then me having to sleep with the light on. Dad and I went to the Kelowna Art Gallery, which had some really great exhibits this year, and I think that place is just the right size. I'm so sick of huge galleries, honestly I can only appreciate art for about one hour, maybe two, before my mind gets tired.

I got lots of loot. Many, many books, including the latest in Stuart Mcleans Vinyl Cafe series from Dad. A couple of DVDs. Pickle came through with shining colours this year and found me the elusive "I'm what Willis was talking about" t-shirt. It is the pride of my t-shirt collection. He also got me "I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is" which I found highly amusing given the incident with my parents awhile back. Kim gave me a turtle necklace which I totally adore - she has such good taste, if it wasn't for watching her I'd still be wearing skin tight acid washed jeans. Kanga gave me the gift of narcissism, which lets face it I already had in spades, with a beautiful collage of painted canvas and pictures of my bellydancing performance. Corr gave me some great homemade soaps and lip balm, I'm so impressed with her plans to make her own line of the stuff. The products she made for me this Xmas are superb. Philandrea gave me some fantastic cookies - that girl knows how to make cookies, I have honestly never tasted better. And Highness gave me...well I'm not sure I should say cuz I don't know if Klara has gotten hers yet, but it brought both a tear to my eye and a smile to my lips, especially remembering a certain hoochalicious dance that Highness performed for us. Baby does got back.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see my Vancouver peeps this year but I'll be back again soon.

Okay, it's time to try and get back into work mode. A little Simpsons is in order first though....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home