8.20.2006

Well today was my first busking experience. I had a good time of it and I think we performed well. We're not overly prepared in terms of technology (we could use better speakers and a mic, my italian heritage can only get me so far in terms of volume of voice, plus I'm only half italian and the costa ricans are a pretty quiet bunch) but it all seemed to get ironed out. We got a great crowd today.

May I say it's hard to feel sexy and dance when you're sweatin' like a whore in church. It was a scorcher out today.

RAB! is busking at fringe. Busking times are not set, so times are approximate. Come see us:

Sunday Aug 20 sometime between 2:00pm-4:00pm
Tuesday Aug 22 sometime between 6:00pm-8:00pm
Wednesday Aug 23 sometime between 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday Aug 25 sometime between 6:00pm-8:00pm

Saw the best show I've seen yet at this year's fringe: Identity by Anita Miotti. It's a half theatre, half modern dance piece about two superheroes and everything about it was fantastic. The musical score, the dancing, the acting, and the script were all top notch, I love seeing something like that come together. Plus, I also loved seeing what a dancer can do to a theatre piece in terms of movement, just watching what a difference it makes to the acting when the two people on stage have such knowledge of what movement can mean, what it can evoke. It's a great show all round, but it helps to be a bit of a geek (there's a bit in there about being a character being chaotic evil that had me in stitches - not many plays out there have D&D references. Still no references of old school THAC0 though, I'm still waiting for that)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where! Where are you busking or do I really have to meander thru hoards of people just to watch you sweat "Like a whore in church"?

5:59 a.m.  
Blogger tania said...

it's kinda ramdom. there are 4 busking circles along 83Ave and we line up for one of those first. then after that show, we try and go again at one of the two busking circles behind the library (by the TransAlta barns).

8:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home