7.12.2006





QuizGalaxy!
'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Well, given the amount of the death in my family, I thought it only appropriate to put up an obit of myself. I actually think I'll use it for my real obit :)

As per usual, I have to make tactless light of everything. You'll have to pardon that, but all who love me know that it's my way. My grandfather died yesterday. That makes three grandparents dead since January. I don't get vacations this year, I get funerals and hospitals. Funnily enough, though my nonno is most certainly hellbound, I was probably closer to him than my other grandparents. He had that charm that some abusive alcoholics can have and he was a storyteller extraordinaire. Plus, he made the best wine ever and he played a mean accordion. He was an evil character, but a character none the less. His wife he destroyed so I barely knew her and my maternal grandmother lived far away (though her story is an incredible one that I will have to tell at a later date). My maternal grandfather died many years ago, he was a bit of an evil charmer himself. Probably missed by a few transexuals himself.

I think part of the reason this is hitting me a little harder is because it's the final grandparent. They're all gone now. I've found that I'm not too bad about accepting death, I'm just not so good at dealing with how death affects my loved ones that are still living. My parents have had such a rough year, I can't imagine what they're going through and it hurts to worry so much and not really be able to do anything about it.

My grands have gone to their ancestors. Given who their ancestors were, I'm thinking the reunion is involving a lot of liquor.

2 Comments:

Blogger tania said...

You have buried treasure???

Oh and is the shady toll booth guy single?

love you.

9:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOS ANGELES TIMES - June 16, 2221

Singer/songwriter, musician, essayist, novelist, film maker, pop culture icon, and Shaolin master, Kirt Vocals, is still not dead. Doctors and scientists remain baffled. A Vocals spokesperson recently denied rumors of vampirism or any knowledge of a Mephistophelean contract. Vocals' only comment on his longevity: "I'm very stubborn and death would bore me."

Vocals has so far beaten Keith Richards' previous record by 124 years.

10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home