8.18.2005

I was waiting somewhat patiently for a burger at the new joint next to Funky Pickle Pizza and was confronted by something which sort of had me befuddled for a moment: I was in a locally owned establishment watching the plasma tv on their wall waiting for my burger and not one, not two, but THREE McDonald's ads came on while I was waiting. The owners might want to think about that. Say I had not been waiting for my burger, but instead waiting in line to order my burger and the ad for the cheaper and more efficient burger joint came up...I don't know, just doesn't seem like good marketing is all.

On the other hand, having the plasma tv playing while you're waiting in a burger joint is a perk you ain't gonna find at McDonalds.

Having to go and apply for yet another student loan tomorrow. I am disheartened by the prospect, but just can't go on starving for the last week of every month. Sigh.

However I head off to see my cherubs in Glasgow in 18 days so despite financial issues I am super super stoked. Plus Fringe is here and though I have no cash and must work 14 out of the next 15 days, I am convinced that this will be the best one ever. I'm dancing almost every second evening with Isokan (african drummers) on some outdoor stage or other so I've found yet another way to become involved in this lovely festival.

It's a dark side/bright side kind of day, I guess. I'm happy to say that for the first time what feels like a long while to my young soul, the bright side wins by a landslide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home