9.09.2004

Well, I've missed two birthdays in my absence so
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIGHNESS AND ASYLUS!

How was my weekend? Well now and again I ask myself "why don't I ever get raucously drunk anymore?" and then I go back to small town BC and answer that question. I wasn't actually planning on getting pissed, it just happened. I do apologize to Chad and Carrie for getting drunk on their special day, I did manage to remain sober for the beautiful wedding ceremony (Carrie had the best wedding dress ever!) and the very cool Tiko drumming performance, Chad's last chance to perform with the Kung Fu demo team he had trained, and the fabulous Chinese Lion Dance that ended the ceremony. I won't have pictures up till next month because I have no funds to develope pics, but it was lovely. I wish them both the best of luck in Van and in their lives together!

Thankfully, I used up the film on the nice stuff. If there were pics of the drunkenness, the snapshots would have included pics of me kissing boys I shouldn't (not the groom, thank god) and me listening to all of Kim's exes telling me they wanted her back (really very amusing for me, not so much for her:), me exchanging flashes of boobs for flashes of winkies, and then me being basically carried to the car by Kim's current lovely boy and then carrying on loudly for about 10 minutes before passing out on the ride home. Big Red, I thank you. Oh, and the boy I exchanged flashes with, who was a complete stranger before that evening, just happened to be in the seat next to me on the flight home two days later. A very nice moment of recognition occured "Boob girl!" "Cock boy!"

Okay, I was going to try and save this for the next blog but it's just making me giggle too much. I have a lovely Pakistani co-worker who brightens the office for everyone. He is also a massive fan of the LOTR movies and the other day pulls this quote out from The Two Towers when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimly find Gandalf alive and tell him his name.

"Gandalf? Yes...Gandalf. That was what they used to call me...
Gandalf the Grey. I am Gandalf the Brown"

Fantasy and racial slurs, always the perfect combo for me :) It has been killing me for about 24 hours now. Guess you had to be there.

I'll try and be deeper and less offensive in the next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home