2.18.2007

I wrote a blog on my first crush just a little while ago, so rather than posting again for Sunday Scribblings, I'll just link to the old post. I hope you Enjoy!

The reason I have dragged you all here today is that for me right now, it is not crush time, but crunch time. I have a favor to ask of you, my blogging friends. One of the troupes I dance with is putting on a belly dance Tribal Fusion workshop with Ariellah, and I really really really want this to be a success, or at least for us not to lose money. It's in terribly poor taste to use blog relationships as free advertising, but hey, this won't be the first time I've done something in poor taste and to be honest, I'm getting a little desperate here. If any of you want to help me out by mentioning this workshop on your blog, it would be much appreciated! She is an incredible workshop instructor, and is a founding member of the Indigo (Rachel Brice's group). Info on the workshop is at Raq-A-Belly Dance! as well as checking out Ariellah's site.


"Ariellah Aflalo is one of the hardest working Belly Dancers in the business and it shows in her technique, costuming, emotion and refined taste in music and movement choice. She adds her own deliciously dark touch to the dance and is a pleasure to watch." Rachel Brice (danced with Ariellah in The Indigo, San Francisco)

Workshop Details:

Saturday March 3, 2007 10AM Registration11AM to 2PM (with small break and snack)
Darker Side of Drilling: Learn to fine tune your bellydance technique while learning how to incorporate a dramatic darker side to your dance. Will include a choreography, isolations, pops, locks and snake-like gothic bellydance arm movements.

Sunday March 4, 2007 10AM Registration11AM to 2PM (with small break and snack)Strengthening The Core: Build strength in the legs, abs, chest and arms to enhance fluidity. Will include stretching exercises, execution of certain strenous movements such as backbends and then a short choreography or combination.

Cost:
$75 per day
Location:
North Glenora Community League 13535-109aAve Edmonton, AB
Register:
Registration forms can be picked up at Isis Studios and can be downloaded from Raq-A-Belly dance!
Registration forms can be dropped off at Greenwoods' Books 7925-104St.
Or mailed to: Raq-A-Belly dance! 11011 135 St. Edmonton, AB T5M 1K4

Cheques should be made out to: Raq-A-Belly dance!Your registration will be confirmed by email or phone and only on receipt of payment.
Info: For info call Stacey at (780) 434-1755 or email caasi@raqabellydance.com
Info on Ariellah: http://http://www.ariellah.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger Waspgoddess said...

That sounds wonderful, but it's too far to come for me :)

I hope it's a success, though...

I LOVE the story of yours and Charlton's moment in the sun. It's all glorious; the song, the tears, the tragedy of having to move back to Armpit (it's not Moosejaw is it?)

11:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to learn to belly dance - but I'm in New York and the subway doesn't stop near you ;)
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Mucho Success

2:01 p.m.  
Blogger tania said...

thanks for the wellwishes.

actually goddess, it's not moosejaw, but a good guess :)

armpit of the nation refers to Kamloops, BC.

10:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home