11.01.2006

Consider yourself smoted!

Oh phew, I finally have some time to sit down and write when I'm not utterly exhausted. It's been one hell of a month, dance-wise. Just so much stuff to do, so many performances.

I don't usually use titles on my blog, but I couldn't resist quoting Ronnie Burkett's new show. And it relates. My depression has wanted to seep back in to my head these last few days, but stuff keeps happening that just won't let it take control. It has been smoted, mostly by my beautiful friends.

I got a surprise call the other morning from my Nibblet, for no reason other than that he missed my voice (I think he was trying to con me into morning phone sex, but I'm just not that creative in the morning).

I found out my cherubs are coming to visit me, which seriously gets me grinning like a loon everytime I think about it, it's just the best news ever! Though now I'm all panicked about what I'm going to do with them.

Sonic played a song I hadn't heard in ages but that I really love - Impression that I Get by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. And I found it has come to mean something totally different to me now that I have had to knock on wood.

I broke off a very tiny relationship and it went better than any break up I've ever had. Just lovely and kind and with no tears or recriminations. I should have tiny relationships more often.

I had a lovely dinner with Ass of Steel and he told me about his new love. She seems awesome and has been described to me by a friend as "a supermodel who has kept her small breasts so you know she's not totally shallow." Ass deserves everything that is good and pretty so I'm glad. A little jealous...but glad. :)

I found out that Lady Lakira (a friend I met while her girl was trying to take off my pants, which was not nearly as awkward as it could have been) is in fact, the Lady Lakira of femslash fame. I'm so stupid for not having made the connection earlier, as the name sounded so familiar. I found some of your fics, but I swear there were more around back in the day - perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me where I could find them? Unfortunately for my thesis, I also found a page of her recs, which has had me reading a wee bit too much. Ooh, and I have a request for a fic, if you would be so kind:
Pairing: Holly/Kim
Rating: NC-17 (of course)
Set after Serenity and must involve Inara's shuttle and a pineapple.


I got to see Ronnie Burkett's new show 10 Days on Earth. He is, without a doubt or a hint of exaggeration, the most brilliant man alive today. The National Post said "he has the bad habit of making the rest of theatre look unnecessary." I completely agree. I still actually get teary eyed at the thought that I will never see Provenance (his last show) again as it has been retired. It was about a grad student searching for beauty and I had recently become a grad student and it just related. This show is about a mentally challenged man whose mother dies, but he doesn't realize it for 10 days, and as my uncle is schizophrenic and has lost both his parents and is now in hospital where the want to use electroshock on him, Mr. Burkett has again somehow read my mind and put it into a play. Not that my uncle is anywhere near as charming or sweet as the main character in 10 Days. There were times when what Burkett had on stage was just so beautiful that I didn't think I was going to be able to take it. I think it must be wonderful to be him, and listen to adults make gasps of joy and wonder that many of them haven't made in years. It sounded like a crowd full of joyous 5 year olds. He is the man.

And last but not least, a friend sent me this. You internet savvy people have probably all seen it, but it made my day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God, you've read my femslash? It's been ages since I wrote anything, largely due to lack of time.

All my fics are on my livejournal, and I think most of them are tagged.... Though I can't remember. Again, it's been ages.

As for your request.... Hee. I'll think about it. But I demand recompense. You, me, my girl, ice cream. Or something.... ;)

10:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home