1.08.2005

Well my dearests I have finally returned. Hope everyone is feeling well rested and loved. My vacation was much needed however it was not quite what I wanted it to be. I _did_ have an excellent time meeting up with friends and for the second year in a row I rang in my New Year with people I adore.

Pickle is here in Edmonton picking up some of his shit. It's been pretty good, but I tell you, the fates are against me. Meeting up with an ex for the first time is always a little awkward, but only when the gods are feeling cheeky do they combine this with major bathroom mishaps. We both arrived in Edmonton on the same day and met at the airport. As we walk into my apartment, the place is like a fucking sauna - the leak in the hot water tap in the tub had returned during my absence (I had it fixed only two weeks before I left dammit!) and so the hot water had been running in my tiny apartment for close to 3 weeks. The walls were dripping with humidity and I had to burn candles to get rid of the smell of wet wood. After much window opening and bathroom fanning, we were a bit chilly but the place was starting the feel normal. Pickle used the facilities. I then got up to use the facilities, and as I was sitting on the toilet realized that my socks were getting progressively wetter. Hmm... I thought. I got up and flushed the toilet and lo and behold there's a leak in the toilet. Yes folks, bathrooms can and do explode.

On a much better note, I'll be off to the land of the Scots this Sept to celebrate the marriage of my cherubs. The news of this event makes the whole New Year seem a little brighter.

1 Comments:

Blogger metasexual said...

You have the most interesting posts sometimes. But I am a little unclear. Was the leaking of the toliet clean water or not so much? For your sake, I hope it was clean H20! Happy New Year

2:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home