5.22.2007

Actually, the story of love between the Mayor and Giles is finished, but before I put it up I have to recount the tale of Mrs. Peacock's birthday.

This past Saturday, we rented this city's only Fire Truck Hot Tub to drive 12 (10 women, 2 men) of us around in celebration of Mrs. P's 30-something years on this earth. May I say, should anyone be looking to rent one of these puppies, it is well worth the expense. Especially if it makes one of your best friends smile like that.

I must warn everyone though, that being in this hot tub requires that you be as obnoxious as humanly possible (when in Rome...) and I had not realized quite how exhausting being obnoxious is. I was one tired chick when I got home. My voice was raw the next morning from screaming "take it off" to so many strangers.

We all entered said hot tub (after it had some heating issues that were taken care of at my place) with alcohol laden plastic sippy cups in hand. Though most people brought large plastic water containers, I continued my tradition of drinking expensive Scotch (Oban for this occasion) in sacrilegious ways: this time I had it in Diane's granddaughters sippy cup - the kind you have to suck to get anything out of - with little cartoon dogs and cats on it.

We then headed around the city's downtown core, the river valley, and some of the dodgier points of town, with the driver knowing exactly how much to hit the brakes so that the water created huge waves and we all sloshed about like the lushes we are.

Pebbles and Bam Bam came out as well. Bam Bam, large man that he is, made quite a splash as we drove out past the clubs and he showed everyone his pierced nipples. I think the gay club was rather enthused over the large Bear.

The two men of our crew were right up there in the battle for the title of Most Obnoxious. Perhaps my favourite moment of male bonding came when Bam Bam announced that this was his high school wet dream and pointed at two of us girls and yelled "you and you! make out!" and then at another two and yelled "you and you! fight!" And it was at this moment, when Bam Bam told two women to fight, that Mr P, the previously quite quiet engineer who is Mrs. P's husband and father to their two little girls, yelled out "Yeah!" and raised a glass to toast with Bam Bam. The evening's moral standards went downhill from there.

But what would a party be without the Wee Yin doing something everyone else regrets later? Seriously though folks, this one was so not my fault. After the hot tub, Mr. P (who braved coming out with a bunch of belly dancers in order to make his wife happy) wanted to streak naked through the neighborhood and Bam Bam was in for it and I couldn't very well let the females go unrepresented here now could I? And it was so Kinky Karen's idea to bring out the camera for this event - I would not have suggested anyone taking pictures of me running naked (there is good jiggle, and there is bad jiggle and this was in the bad jiggle camp). And yet Pebbles just kept accusing me of being the bad influence.

I have learned that sometimes, life is unfair.

But really, the best part of the evening was Mrs. Peacock getting drunk to the point of repeating "I love you guys" over and over again (we've all been there) and then adding to that classic drunken phrase as the beautiful driver of the Fire Truck stops and comes out to ask if are okay and Mrs. P stands up and yells out to him "I love you cuz you're sober!" and then falls back into the water.

I have decided it should be my goal to get more 30-something mothers so drunk that they collapse in the entry ways of their homes and can only loll their heads about as they giggle incessantly. It was really quite cute.

And the most amazing thing? It was that after all that water and drinking, Mrs. P's eye make-up and sparkles were still intact. This is the kind of wisdom and learning I hope to get as I age.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I've never heard of one of these mobile hot tubs, but it sounds like fun. Although around here it's already too hot, maybe there is a cold water version. Where are the pics from the post-tub jiggling marathon?

2:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home